This may have come from the big fella on Masterchef so if it doesn’t work, don’t blame me…
- 1kg bread flour, plus extra to dust
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon instant dried yeast
- 950ml lukewarm water
- For the bread, combine flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl. Stir in water until well combined. Cover with plastic wrap, then refrigerate overnight
- Remove bowl from fridge 1 hour prior to cooking, and allow to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Line two baking sheets with baking paper, and generously dust sheet with flour. Place half of the dough onto one tray and place in oven for 1 hour or until golden and the inside sounds hollow when knocked on the base. Make rolls and a smaller long loaf with remaining half of dough. Bake in oven for about 40 minutes or until golden and hollow inside.
Notes: Makes 1 large round loaf, 1 long loaf and 6 rolls.