The Cashless Debit Card Technology Report (November 20th, 2017) was produced by the Minderoo Foundation in collaboration with ALDI, Australia Post, Australian Payments Network, Coles, Commonwealth Bank, Department of Social Services (the report notes that the Department acted as observers), eftpos Australia Limited, Heritage Bank, iA6, Indue, Ingenico, PayPal, PC EFTPOS, Smartpay, Systemware, The Initiatives Group, Visa and Woolworths. Inputs were also received from the National Australia Bank and ANZ Bank.
The aim of the report is to highlight the changes required to facilitate smoother functioning and further expansion of CDC trials.
The problem with policy making in this area is that the government fails to accept that the data on the CDC shows effects on the communities ranging from negligible to negative. We know that the CDC has not worked, and yet there is still a push for the trials to be expanded and extended.
[su_button url=”http://bit.ly/2UkFNdl” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#ef952d” icon=”icon: link”]Read Source[/su_button]
- The Mounting Human Costs of the Cashless Debit Card ( April 6, 2019 )
- Islanders’ deadly inheritance ( April 6, 2019 )
- Throw a sea cucumber on the barbie: Australia’s trade history really is something to celebrate ( January 27, 2019 )
- New research reveals our complex attitudes to Australia Day ( January 25, 2019 )
- The state of Australia’s Indigenous languages – and how we can help people speak them more often ( January 21, 2019 )